Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Voice Dialing

On my Blackberry Curve 8310 I have an application called Voice Dialing.  At times when I am using my Bluetooth earpiece and I hang up to end a call using the button on my Bluetooth; if I end up holding the Bluetooth button just a split second too long my Blackberry automatically goes to the Voice Dialing application.  Now I have to wait for it to scan my address book and do whatever it does.  Many times the status gets stuck at 98% for a long time. 

I don't like this feature, I don't use this feature, and I'd love to either be able to remove it or disable it.  I read my BB manual and can't find any info on this.  Any suggestions from anyone?

Terry

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Voice Dialing

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think the best you can do is to go to options, voice dialing, and disable the audio prompts and playback options.

The options will still flash on the screen, but you won't hear anything. Pressing the end key ends the program

which stops loading the contacts.

Oh, and make sure you don't have it on a convenience key.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter