Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Voice Notes Recording

Hi;

Trying to use voice notes recording, but it only records 1:30 (1 minute and 30 seconds). I have 30MB of storage available. What is going on and how can I fix it?

Thanks...

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Voice Notes Recording

Hi jasadi

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have any Media Card on your Device ? If you have then have you enabled " Media Card Support "  in the setting ? Please Check this Knowledge Base :

KB21337  : Maximum recording length in the Voice Notes application.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks Price....it seems that I have 32MB of Media card storage (I click on Media Icon, then right click on Voice Recording Note - choose Media Options, I see 32MB for it). When I check media use (Voice Note) I only have one recorded file (which is about 80 seconds).... so doesn't this mean that my Media card is enabled and has about 31MB free space?

Elite II

jasadi wrote :

I click on Media Icon, then right click on Voice Recording Note - choose Media Options, I see 32MB for it

Hi jasadi 

That is not your Media Card storage limit  but that is Built in media storage limit i;e Device Memory alloted for media content ( which can be set to 32 MB or 15 MB or 8MB or it may differ according to device OS . If we record voice note over device memory the maximum limit is 90 second i;e 1min. 30 sec. which you are getting.

So In order to record for a longer period you have to use a Media Card OR Memory Card on your device ,If you already have it on your device then to enable Media Card support - On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Storage > Mark " Media Card Support " then save ,Also on that screen you can view Media Card Storage limit and free space available.But remember even on Media Card maximum time limit is 60 min. ( depending on free space available on media card ). Upon reaching 60 min. it will save the file and start again .

And also If we click on Media Icon > Press the Menu key > Explore > Highlight Media Card > Press the menu key > Properties > It will show Media Card stats like Percent used , Free Space and Total Space.

Let us know if you have any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks Prince...  I followed your instruction ... when I try to save it, says: Media Card Storage cannot be accessed due to fatal errors. Do you think that I need to delete whatever I have already on it and then try it or any other remedies?

J

Elite II

Hi jasadi

So the problem is within the Media Card ! If something important is within your media card then remove it from your device and try doing a backup on your PC using a card reader if it allows. Then format that Media Card using PC .After formatting the Card Inset it and have a try ( Please note if media card is damaged then you need to arrange another or a new Media card ).

So try it and let us know.