Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Voice to text assistant apps that truly work for Blackberry 7.1 os

I looked in Blackberry World and saw a couple choices for voice to text apps.  There was no information re: whether the app would work with the 7.1 os or not. 

I saw the Vlingo virtual assistant and attempted to get it to work.  The company was bought out, so this app is defunct.  The Blackberry tag on Vlingo detailed a free download of the Vlingo Plus app.  That, likewise does not work. Their company was purchased by Nuance Mobility support. "our engineering team is not working on Dragon Mobile Assistant for Blackberry at this time, but I cannot make any comments about the future."

Likewise, in re: Blackberry 10 os, when asked if Dragon Mobile Assistant would be functional, I wastold that they have not decided if they will make an app usable in this platform. 

There are some poor versions of appson the market.  Most are for earlier, 4.0 vintage os and will not work in the 7.1 os. 

Please advise if there is a real app that works.  For busy professionals, it is essential to have a good app that is capable of working.  (in both os versions 7.1 and 10).  When moving to get on a flight or between meetings, a good app is invaluable at increasing efficiency.  There are a couple reviews of apps, but all are for ios or the last two android versions, not any Blackberry functionality.