Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Voicemail Notification disappeared on my Bold 9900

For some reason, VISUAL voicemail appeared on my phone and caused a ruckus.  After 2 or 3 attempts @ AT&T stores to resolve the problem, I got rid of the VISUAL voicemail.  Around the same time, I changed my AT&T call plan (after adding an iPad) and my voicemail notification icon (that usually appears near the top of the screen) disappeared.  Don't know if it was the VISUAL voicemail correction or the change in my plan, but something caused my voicemail notification icon to evaporate!!!  I have visited at least 3 different AT&T stores, spoken via land-line to AT&T Mobility (at least 3 times), and they STILL can't help me.  I receive voicemails.  I can call my voicemail box (as usual) and access them...but I don't know if I have voicemails unless go IN to my voicemails.  I've tried several times to 'change user options' within the voicemail system.  It gives me the option to 'change OUT call notification'...but if I activate THAT, my voicemail calls me to let me know I have VOICEMAILS.  It doesn't leave me a NOTIFICATION that I have voicemails!!!  It's CRAZY!!!  The only other thing I know to do is to restore to original, but I'll lose everything I have in my phone.  Please help!!!