Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Voicemail Speed Dial

How can I change my voicemail speed dial (set under #1) so that I can add my password? You can do it on other blackberrys and regular Verizon phones.

Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Voicemail Speed Dial

Launch the phone appp (press the Green key), press the BB key, select Options, select Voice Mail, add your password (with any necessary pauses or waits).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks!

New Contributor

Found the voicemail options and entered the password where it requested. Guess this isn't where I'm suppossed to enter it. Still have to go through the silly bring up the keyboard, enter the password, drop the keyboard to return to phone prompts and then listen. I think you're actually tallking about entering it as part of the phone number... how to you do that... and how do you get a pause in there to wait for the prompt?
New Contributor

If you do it as above and enter your password under the voicemail number (which is your number), every time you use the #1 speed dial (voicemail) it enters the password automatically after 2 pauses. you shouldn't have to enter anything else.

Super Contributor

How can I change the phone number for my voicemail, because I use "YouMail" and it needs to be calling (714) 204-3114...

To check your voicemail from your cell phone:
  1. You can dial (714) 204-3114 from your cell phone.
  2. You can change your voicemail (or # 1) speed dial setting to (714) 204-3114 by following the instructions located here.
  3. You can also add "YouMail" with (714) 204-3114 phone number as a contact in your cell phone to call YouMail from your cell phone's contact.

Wow, I actually registered on here just to say thank you because it was pissing me off so much that I could not figure that out for the life of me, so thank you!
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: verizon

I have followed your instructions-- Green key, BB key, options, select voicemail and added---

There is a place to put my phone number and then a place for my password. I have entered in each number.  It will dial my phone number but will not autoplay the password.  Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I've had my phone since Apr 2008 and have just been too lazy to figure this out. I've been just waiting for the invalid password and then reentering the correct one. Thanks to your super easy steps, I was able to make the changes in 5 seconds and it works!

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge! And for that...I gave you an appreciation star!!! :-)