Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Volume Controls?

[ Edited ]
I just purcahsed the Tour yesterday, my first Blackberry. I cannot figure out how to work the volume on the phone. I'm really hoping that I'm missing something. The typical volume buttons on the side of the phone do not do anything. You can click the "Sounds" button/folder and choose a sound setting, but please tell me you can control the volume some way by the buttons on the side of the phone. Even though you click on this button/folder, you cant just control the volume up and down to choose the level you want. I go in and out of work all the time and need to be able to just turn my phone up and down as needed quickly without having to go in and click on some folder every time. Is there some kind of setting I need to turn on in order to use those buttons?
Message Edited by MissJ420 on 09-11-2009 05:39 AM
Regular Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Volume Controls?

Could you clarify what volume you would like to control? Is it the volume of the ring tone when the phone rings? You mention that you need to adjust the volume when you go in and out of the office so I am guessing it is the ring tone volume. The buttons on the side adjust the speaker volume when you are on a call.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

You may want to make some custom sound profiles. You could name one "in office" and one "out of office". Then you can set the ringer volume in each one. You would still need to click the "sounds" icon but then all you would have to do is click the profile you want.
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same issue. I can't hear voice at current audio level. Ringer level is fine.

Highlighted
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Sprint

I forgot to add Blackberry Curve has no voice audio controls that I can find or operate.