Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: o2

WET PHONE!!

HELP ME. I WAS SO STUPID.

I have dropped my blackberry curve 9300 in the sink yesterday. I straight away disabled the battery and sim and put it into rice. It has been lying there for sixteen hours and I stupidly decided to try it again to see if it worked. I put the battery but not the sim in and it worked. But then I put the sim in too,it didn't work. Half an hour later I tried again,it turned on! But its not recognising the sim card,what should I do?

New Contributor

Re: WET PHONE!!

and just to say my sim does work in my old phone.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello SC1234,

Welcome to the Community,

Well I am sorry for you device ,But please never try to switch it On make sure it is completely dry ,keep it for 4 to 5 days you can see multiple thread related to wet phone  in the search box and any condition it is not adviced to turn it on for a check , On a sunny day  you can keep it on your car deshboard or any heat emitting electronic goods, try to keep as much days as possible ,have a look at this link Got your Blackberry wet . , 

It may be possible that your sim card has been dameged , When you are sure that it is completly dry then have a try, You are quite a lucky that your device powered up, don't turn on atleast  another 4 to 5 days.Do let as know.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I have been told though I should keep it for 48 hrs until I know its completely dry. Which one is the correct time limit in your suitable eyes?

Elite II

Hi SC 1234,                

There is no such time limit but it recommended to wait as much days as possible say 4 to 5 days to make

sure it is completely dry,keep your device over any heat emitting elrctronic devices or on a sunny day keep it on your car deskboard as I mentioned above .

No one knows the after effect of water intrusion ,but if you are lucky enough you will get back your device in 

running condition.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor

Thank you,fingers crossed for the best.

New Contributor

I am now using my mum's old blackberry as the keys don't work on mine. I'm letting it dry for a few days and if it doesn't work I won't be using my blackberry anymore so everything will turn out for the best. Thanks for helping with my problem.

Elite II

Hi SC1234,

Well lets hope for the best,till then wait for a few days to make sure its dry.Do let us know.

Good Luck

Prince