Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

WHY AT&T ...?

Why is EVERYONE Launching on AT&T .. ?

That has worked well for Palm, the MS KIN, now BB Torch? Do they want it to fail?

Same could be asked of MS and Windows Phone 7..?

Don't these companies realize AT&T is wanting to be the company to get the phones so they can kill them so they won't compete with thier iPhones..

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Us Cellular

Re: WHY AT&T ...?

I know what you mean AT&T Verizon and the others who get all the good phones can't touch the service I get in my area with US Cellular.  The blackberry torch would be a good phone to have if they will ever bring it to US Cell maybe by that time my curve will be wore out hope the torch gets the service my curve does.

Don't forget to check your cinch!
My Device: Not Specified

Re: WHY AT&T ...?

Well for one reason, in the States, they have a larger customer base than any other GSM based phone provider. For why they would introduce it as GSM instead of CDMA like Verizon uses, this gives them a much larger potential distrubution system due to the fact GSM is used by more providers throught the world.  To put it out as CDMA first, would be foolish since it would only be available to a small percentage of carriers worldwide.

I'm not saying AT&T is great, I actually prefered Verizon for service in the States, but they gave me a better option with their unlimited international data plan than did Verizon, so I switched a couple of years ago.