Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Boost

WI-FI Music Sync Sucks!

The software that comes with a Style 9670 is awful for a device manufacturer that has been in the market for this long.  It’s a shame.  There is absolutely no good excuse.  It 's called "BlackBerry Desktop Software" how generic.

After trying to WI-FI sync it gives a message "No computer library found" connect to "BlackBerry Desktop Software" blah, blah

It’s not rocket science.  Turn on WI-FI on device, check, turn on Wi-Fi on sync check.  Disconnect usb, check, open media, check, open music browser, check, go to Wi-Fi music sync, check, click,  "No computer library found".

I have synced 200 songs with windows media player and they are in the library that shows up on the device, so what’s the deal?   How do I get it to sync?

Regards

Robert Morgan

Orlando

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Style 9670
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WI-FI Music Sync Sucks!

Your media cannot be synchronized.

What does this really mean and how do I get around it? I am STUCK!

There seems not to be any BlackBerry Desktop Manager like before. Now it is BlackBerry Desktop Software and select another drive. How is this done and from where?? And who dosn't have thousands and thousands of songs in their iTunes or Winamp? What to do... like the guy said " WI-FI Music Sync Succours(not) "

Contributor
My Device: Treo 700w
My Carrier: Virgin

Hello friends,

If you did not install Wi-Fi® music sync when you added your BlackBerry® device to the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, you can install Wi-Fi music sync using the following steps.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
   2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Tools > Wi-Fi music sync.
   3. In the Wi-Fi Music Sync window, click Yes. On the next screen, click Finish.
   4. On the confirmation screen, note the Wi-Fi requirements and click Close.
   5. Click Music to synchronize the songs on your computer with your device. The first time that you do this for Wi-Fi music sync, you must keep your device connected to your computer with a USB cable.

Best regards

Ritchie

www.txt2get.com
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Style 9670
My Carrier: Telus

Ah hello friend,

I at best cannot get to the window that allows one to " finish " because " your media cannot be synchronized " is the message that holds the screen hostage!

But, that is okay, at least for now.

I decided that there is no way to import songs as media to my BlackBerry with iTunes being the driver. I opened up Windows Media Player and found a way to import songs from other Music files( thanks to gain this help from the bit torrent sites as I was unable to rely on the purchased tunes from iTunes as my music library) then found a media sync window in Windows Media Player that is suited for and perhaps intended for the BlackBerry. After drop and dragging the tunes into this window and clicking Sync Media the songs were Wi-Fi'd into my BlackBerry( of course this took quite some time throughout the night, but by dawn the songs were in the phone!)

So, " a thank you to all " that have aided and responded to my media download plight and at this time for myself WI-FI Music Sync does Success!