Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 8350i
My Carrier: sprint/nextel

WI FI problems

I am linked to a wifi in my office, but it still does not connect it is giving me a error"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later, if problem persists please contact your service provider. The wifi is open and everyone else can get connected. Any ideas......Does anyone have a phone number for blackberry tech support also. Thanks

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WI FI problems

Hi there,

Your point of contact for BlackBerry support is your carrier.  So you would contact your carrier for assistance.  If they are unable to resolve issues on their end, they have the ability to escalate you to RIM.

Now then with regards to your problem, try deleting the profile from your device.  Go to Manage Connections and select Wi-Fi Options.  Highlight the profile you are trying to connect to, press the BB Menu button and delete it.  Next, reboot your BlackBerry by removing the battery for 15-30 seconds and then reinsert it.  Once the device has rebooted, go back to Manage Connections and select Set Up Wi-Fi Network, click Next, then Scan For Networks.   Once your device has found the network, click on your work network.  When prompted, enter the network key if there is one.  You should then be able to connect to the network.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!