Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

WIFI at home

I am going to get the data plan with at&t. Until I do I would like to use my internet wifi at home. I go to the menu and have data on and manaul select my home network. Next to at&t it says my network. Does that mean I am using my interent wifi at home. I do not want to use at&t yet until I sign up for the plan. If I turn off the data the wifi at home does not work. If i turn on the data and turn off the att network the internet works but then I cant get any calls until I turn the att network back on. I want to make sure I am using my home network not at&t. thanks
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: WIFI at home

Hey welcome to the boards.

Yes if it says AT&T - Your Network then you are using your network and not AT&T's. You can double check though by going into Manage Connections | Wi-Fi Options and make sure that it shows a green checkmark or x next to your network.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have a check mark next to wifi but at the other end there is a black\grey dash. I have it set as manual not auto in set up.
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

OK, then you're good to go. As long as the AT&T doesn't have a green checkmark you're all set
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.