Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

WINDOWS 7 & NEW BB BOLD 9790 OUTLOOK SYNC ISSUE - HELP!

[ Edited ]

Hi all.

I am a newbie to the BB Bold 9790 which i received earlier today.  I am running Windows 7 with the BB Desktop Software v7.0.0.43.

The problem I have, is that I am unable to sync with my MS Outlook Contacts or Calander.  As soon as I select DEVICE\SYNC BY TYPE\ORGANIZER...........  it starts to sync, but within less than a second I get a pop-up error message saying "Synchronization Error An Error Has Occurred During The Operation" and of course that's that.

I use MS Outlook 2010.

Phone details:

BlackBerry Bold 9790 Software version 7.0 Bundle 2254 used on Orange Network allthough phone is unlocked. (Was originally on T-Mobile)

Any help would be appreciated please.

Here is the screen dump

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/bigyun2000/Error1.jpg

Thanks

Tony
New Contributor

Re: WINDOWS 7 & NEW BB BOLD 9790 OUTLOOK SYNC ISSUE - HELP!

Hi again.  I have tried all sorts now still with no sync.  I have uninstalled Desktop v7 and installed BB Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38.

HEY PRESTO:  works 100% for me.  So it looks like there maybe issues with BB Desktop v7.

Thanks

Tony
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Ufone

Go to contacts on phone. then select options then see the contact lists. you probabally having one or two or more. now select each one and under that uncheck wireless synchronization. and save settings same do with calander and notes. after savong settings start synchronization with desktop software. Hope will help you and if it does do remember me in your prayes. O yes please tell me about that phone 9790 as I have purchased one and will be getting in couple of days. please remember me... OKKKKZZZZ 

New Contributor

Hi. Phone is great. Even has the new NFC chip although i don't think NFC is used yet in UK. But when it does, the 9790 has it. It also feels great to handle. I had iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy SII before and i must admit i do like this phone.
Thanks

Tony
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: EE / Orange

Using Windows 7 and Desktop Software 7.1 Bundle 2039
1.Go to Messages on your phone. .
2.Once you're there, scroll to the top and click on the date.
3.Click on Full Menu.
4. Go to Options.
5.Go to Email Account Management.
6.Click on your e-mail address.
7.Click on Edit.
8.Scroll down to the bottom and you will see Synchronization Options.  Open it up

and uncheck Contacts and Deleted items.
9.Save.

Viola!  After following these steps, I could *finally* sync my BlackBerry with the

desktop manager.  Hope this helps!