Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: WINDOWS INSTALLER PROBLEM WITH DESKTOP MANAGER

bifocals...

screenshot of the standard problem. I get it from both the Sprint specifc software and blackberry's DM

thanks in advance.

3187i7BEC4DE1E6A1DEB9

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

hello.. is there any news on this matter? i'm having thes same pop-up as  billhino. but I could install desktop manager 5 through : BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi, I need desktop software 6 because, I am using outlook 2010 now.. and desktop manager 5 cannot work with office 2010.

thanks

My Device: 9530

I am having the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it?
Visitor
My Device: Curve 3g
My Carrier: Personal AR

Try to follow the steps on this website:

How to change Temp file folder

I tried the steps exactly as it said on the article and at first it didn't work, then it occured to me maybe I should delete the temp folders for my current users and input the new one and that did solve the issue (didn;t even need to re start the system for it to take it).

Cheers!

My Device: 1800 Pearl
My Carrier: Vodafone

This worked for me!! Many, many thanks - I'd been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

Cheers,

Ian

KAR
New Contributor
My Device: 8700g

The link posted above:

Windows Installer pop-up window prevents installation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager

is a dead link.  Can the current information be posted?  I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster in this thread and I really need to be able to backup my BB so I can move to a new device. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Kar,

The original KB is no longer listed. Can you provide a screen shot so we can get you the best info? Please post all your information so we can understand your setup better.

Thanks

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

KAR
New Contributor

There isn't much point in getting a screen shot.  All it will show is the desktop manager screen.  Only a movie would show the constant flashing of the windows install box every few seconds.  (You have to stare at the screen for a bit to see what the flash is saying.)  I just finished working through KB04107 and then the one for Error 1904. Module only to fall into this pothole.  The problems started years ago with v4.7 of the desktop tool.  Now I am loading v6.0.  As per one of the KBs I upgraded my Windows installer and also turned off AV to get the install to work.  It did, sort of.  If I have the BB plugged in before I start desktop manager then it gets as far as recognizing the device but after that the device manager has no connection and I can do nothing further.  (I haven't been able to use tethering in years.)  The flashing does not stop until I terminate the device manager, which does not close on its own after I close desktop manager.  So it looks like the install problem is being caused by the device manager.  My machine is the same as the original poster, an IBM thinkpad and I also have WinXP SP3.  Like the other poster, reinstalling my operating system is not an option.  I can't afford that kind of time and effort.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi KAR,

The best I can suggest to you is to reference the following thread (listed below) which contains almost the entire Knowledge base articles on desktop manager. I would also urge you to follow the posts of user ViciousFerret who is much more versatile and experienced in desktop software issues.

Please let me know if I can help you with any research.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Updated-to-DM-6-cannot-configure-sync...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

KAR
New Contributor

OK, thanks.  I hope I'll be ready when my new BB arrives later this week.