Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: WPA2-Enterprise

[ Edited ]

Hi to all!

I want to re-open this post because i don't find anything that resolve my problem.

I want to connect my BB to the wifi. The WLAN has these features: IEEE 802.1x authentication with PEAP as authentication mode (EAP-MSCHAPv2), no server cert.

How can i do this? The BB said me that there were authentication problems. I set up PEAP with EAP-MSCHAPv2 on my BB with no cert, but with no success. I tried also LEAP as someone suggested, but i don't know if i set up all correctly as the format of the username. do i try to digit username@domain or domain\username or username?

Please help me!

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by ffffffffffff on 10-14-2009 08:17 AM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi fffffffff the problem is because, if you are using a V4.6.x version of the BB OS, it does not seem to allow you to *not* have a valid server certificate and requires one to fully authenticate you.

The early V5 OS tht I saw does allow you to ignore this and authenticate without a Server Cert, so you may have to wait a while or get one of the unofiicial releases and try it out - at your own risk of course :-)

Message Edited by gms4175 on 10-14-2009 08:04 PM
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9700 | 9900 | PlayBook | Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Many :)

I too am having this same problem.  my 8320 (with a hybrid 4.5/4.6 OS) needs to connect to my university wifi but they do not use a certificate signed by anybody in the phones CA.  because of this i cant connect - i keep getting varrious authentication errors.  Basically, i cant get ahold of the certificate i need to add to the device.  The os has no way of accepting an un truested certificate.

so, long story short, i cant connect.

BUT, there is hope!

this is a screen shot that i took with the BB emulator.  i was useing a tmobile 9700 w/ the emulator.

- - - - - - - - - -
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: us

peap

and disable server certificate validation

finally allow inter-access point handover 

have a try like what i posted, it might work.