Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: WPA2-Enterprise

[ Edited ]

Hi to all!

I want to re-open this post because i don't find anything that resolve my problem.

I want to connect my BB to the wifi. The WLAN has these features: IEEE 802.1x authentication with PEAP as authentication mode (EAP-MSCHAPv2), no server cert.

How can i do this? The BB said me that there were authentication problems. I set up PEAP with EAP-MSCHAPv2 on my BB with no cert, but with no success. I tried also LEAP as someone suggested, but i don't know if i set up all correctly as the format of the username. do i try to digit username@domain or domain\username or username?

Please help me!

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by ffffffffffff on 10-14-2009 08:17 AM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi fffffffff the problem is because, if you are using a V4.6.x version of the BB OS, it does not seem to allow you to *not* have a valid server certificate and requires one to fully authenticate you.

The early V5 OS tht I saw does allow you to ignore this and authenticate without a Server Cert, so you may have to wait a while or get one of the unofiicial releases and try it out - at your own risk of course :-)

Message Edited by gms4175 on 10-14-2009 08:04 PM
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9700 | 9900 | PlayBook | Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Many :)

I too am having this same problem.  my 8320 (with a hybrid 4.5/4.6 OS) needs to connect to my university wifi but they do not use a certificate signed by anybody in the phones CA.  because of this i cant connect - i keep getting varrious authentication errors.  Basically, i cant get ahold of the certificate i need to add to the device.  The os has no way of accepting an un truested certificate.

so, long story short, i cant connect.

BUT, there is hope!

this is a screen shot that i took with the BB emulator.  i was useing a tmobile 9700 w/ the emulator.

- - - - - - - - - -
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: us

peap

and disable server certificate validation

finally allow inter-access point handover 

have a try like what i posted, it might work.