Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Wallpaper Won't Automatically fit to Landscape orientation

i am sure this used to work once upon a time, but my wallpaper only fits-to-screen in portrait orientation only.  when i rotate to landscape, it still stays in portait mode with black bars on the edges instead of filling the screen like in the good ol' days.  umm how did this happen?  what's the fix?  thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wallpaper Won't Automatically fit to Landscape orientation

ok folks, maybe someone can help me with a sanity check.  have your phone out, look at it normally/vertical, now take it and rotate it to landscape and tell me if the wallpaper automatically fills the screen.  thanks.

Smiley Indifferent

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mine resizes the photo just fine, issue might be that your photo does not have enough pixels and you get a black border where there is nothing.

can you open the picture on a PC and see what size the picture is in pixels are?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

Its the built-in wallpapers that have the little lock in the corner. I am not using my own photos.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

whne you veiw them, that is normal when you tilt the screen. it is showing th whole picture.

When adding in the dunes one as wall papaer it is shing fine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Trusted Contributor

Dang it I just tried the Dunes also and it is working fine. Then I retried the Chinese Garden looking one that I usually have and it worked fine! Hey guys I'm not on drugs ok. Next time I'll take a video of it.
Guru III
My Device:

maybe you can share some with me next time.Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Ok Mr. Funny Man. I will video it the next time it happens. Ha.
Guru III
My Device:

I was talking about the drugs Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Yeah I got that. Hence the Mr. Funny Man remark.