Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Wallpaper wont stay on home screen after battery pull

I am really starting to get annoyed with this phone!!! 

My wallpaper will not stay onto my home screen after a battery pull or a software reset!!! I don't get it! This is not new in terms of programming! What is the problem?? Is there a fix for this or am I stuck setting my wallpaper everytime i reset my phone?? C'mon RIM! This is a ridiculous problem that should of been fix before bringing the phone out! same thing for the 5 - 10 sec freeze after you enter your security password to unlock the phone! As well as the slow processing of cpu for certain activities! I'm sticking with this phone for now but i do not have a great feeling for this phone seriously!

Does anybody know what i should do to solve my wallpaper problem???

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wallpaper wont stay on home screen after battery pull

oneway wrote:

I am really starting to get annoyed with this phone!!! 

My wallpaper will not stay onto my home screen after a battery pull or a software reset!!! I don't get it!

I just tested with an image on mine, using the stock theme (ATT), with the wallpaper image stored in my device memory, it was a picture I took.

Soft reest (Alt + Shift + delete) and a powered on battery pull reboot, the image stays intact as my wallpaper, correctly.

So, questions for you:

What theme are you using?

Where is the image stored?

oneway wrote:

This is not new in terms of programming! What is the problem??

What is not new? I've used a dozen BlackBerrys and dozens if not a couple hundred operating systems on those devices and never had this problem before.

So, it's not a programming issue. I can't replicate it.

Need some info from you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

What i did to fix this issue was copy all wallpaper and ring tones to the device memory and just use my storage card for music and cam pix.

because i think when the phone is booting it probly takes time to load the media card support.

That is what I'm thinking also, Ryoohk

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hey guys! thx for helping!

I tried copying my image into my internal memory instead of my micro SD card! And still no luck! Furthermore, after that, it doesnt even recognise the image in my memory after and it just shows a black image with a default icon on the top right which looks like a tire and a mag! no pics in the spot i saved 

And i had many BB too and this issue happened to me with my 9000 bold but after awhile it got solved but dont remember how i did it! 

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Anytime I sync my calendar and address book my wallpaper goes back to the default. 

Contributor

It resets mine to the default AT&T wallpaper but when i do a battery pull or resets the phone! i havent tried when i sync calender.

Oneway, trying to help, please answer all questions... what Theme are you using?

Are you plugged into the USB cable > to the PC when this happens (such as when you sync!)?

If the image is saved to the Media card, and you have Mass Storage enabled on the Media Card, the PC connection takes priority and the wallpaper is "readable" from the Media card while connected.

For the black image, your thumbnail cache is likely corrupted, unplug from the USB and remove the battery and reboot. Allow the device a couple minutes after full reboot to rescan the media card, you won't see this happening, but it does it.

Now, go back to the image. Is it there? Open the image > Menu key > Properties... where is this image saved to?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hi all again,

I have foud a solution for my issue!

By installing the os 6 application given by the carrier, I was able to solve this issue! Therefore I backed up my data first then downloaded from RIM the OS 6 application from AT&T then re-installed it and erased all data! After, i reloaded the data that i needed and tested it! Now my wallpaper loads find on device reboot! But i still saved my image onto the internal memory of the phone and not the micro SD! I dont know if you leave image on micro SD if it will again make the same issue!

Thank you all for the help!

oneway wrote:

By installing the os 6 application given by the carrier, I was able to solve this issue!

Great! What is this "OS 6 application" you loaded?

Your 9800 Torch came loaded with OS6 already.

Knowledge Base Updates