08-11-2008 01:27 PM
I have a personal 8830 that I would like to put my contacts from work on. We have Outlook 2003/Exchange at work and a BES server that communicates with my work 8830 BB. I have Yahoo mail set up on my personal 8830 BB. Is there a way to copy my Outlook work contacts to my personal 8830?
08-11-2008 03:49 PM
You mean you have two 8830 one for work (configured with BES) and one for personal (configured with BIS). Now you want to tranfer your work contacts in personal 8830.
Make a backup of your work BB in your desktop/laptop. Now use Backup and Restore process to tranfer your address books in personal BB.
- Connect your work BB with PC
- Click on Backup & Restore
- Click on Back up button under Backup
- You'll be asked to specify a location to keep your backed up data
- Now remove your work BB and connect your personal BB
- Click on Advanced button under Advanced
- Click on File menu at the top left hand corner and select Open
- Find the backed up file that you've save in your PC
- From the left hand side (computer databases) highlight Address Book and click on (>>) arrow button
Note: With this process you'll be losing all the data saved in your personal BB
Connect you personal BB with your desktop Manager in your office PC (where work outlook address is available). If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.
Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twicego back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
09-25-2008 10:23 PM
09-26-2008 09:48 AM
I have the same problem in reverse. I used to use my WM5 smartphone as a bridge between my home PC and my work PC. By using ActiveSync to synchronize the smartphone with Outlook on both PCs, I was able to keep my calendar and contacts up to date on both.
I now have a BlackBerry 8820 with BES. I have tried installing Desktop Manager on my home PC to synchronize with my BB.
1. It refuses to synchronize anything as long as the BB hhas wireless sync enabled.
2. It continually wants to generate a new encryptiomn key for the BB. I am afraid to let it do this for fear of breaking the BES configuration.
1. If I disable wireless sync temporarily as suggested in the earlier post, will I be able to turn it back on again, or will this permanently break the BES connection?
2. Is my fear of letting Desktop Manager generate a new encryption key justified?
3. How can I synchronize my BB with my home PC's contacts and calendar, without breaking the BES setup?