Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Warranty Issue

Hi I have a Blackberry Bold Bought through Rogers that has had the wheel acting up and it keeps shutting off, Now the wheel wont work at all...I have contacted Rogers But they tell me I am on my own as the phones warranty expired 12 days ago...is their anyone I can contact at RIM for this? evey email I send comes back to me and says not sent ARGGGGHHHHHH I paid alot of money for this phone and cannot afford to purchase another one... Rogers has changed their upgrade policy to two years ...I am only 12 days out of warranty...
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Warranty Issue

1. The warranty is for one year from purchase. I hate it when something happens like that JUST days out of warranty. But there is not much you can do... it IS indeed the stated warranty you were given at purchase.

2. Your Bold device actually has a trackball, not a trackwheel... correct? What is wrong with it... how does it act up?

And use of the trackball causes the device to shut off? 

Give me some more detail here and let's see what we might could troubleshoot.

3. You can very easily replace the trackball assembly.. it really is simple. Purchase another assembly from a vendor (check with Horizon Wireless, linked below in my signature, they are reputable and honest vendors), and replace yours. 

I think those are you best choices.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rogers BB 8800 (Still kicking)

Hi,

You got my message already but I would do the same: Upgrade the OS and exchange the trackball buying it online or having it replace at a store or flee market.

Peace,

BBTechSupport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to CLICK that BLACK or GRAY Kudos square if some one was helpful.
Also please mark it as a solution if your problem is solved.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bbtechsupport wrote:
flee market.

I think I'll getting any that I need from a qualified and reputable seller, not a flea market.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Having that many days pass the warranty day and Rogers not doing anything about it is complete bull****. I would call Rogers back and ask to talk to the management and complain!!!!

This is more of a advice...

By complaining I mean tell him\her that the phone has had many problems related to what issues you are experiencing, and that you have found many forums, negative feedback and many related issues towards the blackberry bold devices. Believe me if you stay positive you will receive a replacement. Reality here is you did go over the warranty period, however if the device is not satisfying the customer they will replace the phone even if the warranty expired. I have heard and seen certain individuals follow this trail and it worked. The reason it worked is simple, big companies try to keep the customers happy and by you wanting to speak to management gives them a message that you are not satisfied. Just remember when you speak you must stay positive about your argument.

Good Luck,

Cheers!

If I helped you please give me Kudos!!