Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Warranty?

Does RIM offer a 1 year warranty like other electronic companies do?

I have no warranty with my service provider and my BB Storm won't turn on at all...

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Warranty?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

RIM provides a 1-year warranty concerning manufacturing defects. However, RIM only services the warranty for those devices it directly sells to the end user (a very very rare occasion). Typically, RIM does not service any warranties nor provide any direct support. All of that is via the carriers and/or authorized resellers. So, your support for this would be via your service provider -- but if they are not honoring it, then you need to escalate with them to find out why. For instance, if you purchased your BB second hand, then the warranty has indeed lapsed as it remains with the original purchaser. Here is a page from RIMs site that discusses options:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................