Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800

Watching Videos on BB 9000

I have some iTunes videos (m4v) which I want to watch on BB 9000.That would be mp4?

Does anyone know how to convert these to watch? Is there a software available that can do that? 

I found one called Tunebites but I could not find how to save a 30 sec. clip so I could copy it to the  BB9000 and watch it to see if it works. I am not willng to shell out $$$ unless I know for sure it works.

Thanks much for your help.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Watching Videos on BB 9000

Not too sure on the iTunes formatted videos, but I've just saved some iPod formatted videos (not through iTunes) and PSP formatted videos straight to the Media Card and they played fine (even the feature length movies).

I find that if you have the video files already, you can use Roxio Media Manager (should've come with the Desktop Manager Software on the CD) Otherwise Learn more about it from Here 

I've taken videos that played on my Bold fine but not on my Pearl and converted them via Roxio and they played fine afterwards. Give that a go and see if that helps. Smiley Happy

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!
Regular Contributor

Do you know what is the format of those files? The file extension. I believe on Bold it has to be .mp4 (or at least that is the format of two sample files which are pre-loaded).

Thanks.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

You can check out these 2 pieces of software to see if they can convert the videos

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

http://handbrake.fr/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I tried avs3u earlier. DOes not even start up properly on my machine. And I am not paying for any of these junk without first trying the conversion for a 2-3 minute of the program.