03-09-2014 10:37 AM
The night before last I managed to pour a can of cider onto my phone. I didn't realise immediately but when I did, I dried it off as well as I could. It turned back on, but some of the keys wouldn't work. I didn't think this would be a big problem because it's happened before and I have coped fine without use of every key. Then I dropped my phone and it turned itself back off. I've kept it in rice and tried drying it out several times but I've had no luck. I took it out of the rice once, put the battery back in and the red light came on for a while but it wouldn't start up, and I had no sim card in it so it wouldn't do anything unless I took the battery out, so I did and it won't turn back on again. I don't know how else I can start it up. I have a spare phone but I'm currently waiting on a new battery for that because the one I have broke, so I can't use it. Help?!?!?!
03-09-2014 12:29 PM
Plain and simple, if you got moisture damage in your phone and now it won't turn back on after being in rice (for at least four days, I hope), your phone is toast; no use trying to revive something that's dead.
You did the right thing by putting your components in rice but that's really all you can do. If your phone is not responding after that, it's time to move on to your spare phone once the battery arrives.
03-09-2014 02:04 PM
You could always try a different battery in your BB as a last gasp before you banish it to the depths of your "Man Draw"...
BillJ is probably right about it's almost certain demise, but it's worth a shot. Oh and maybe consider wiping the butter off your fingers!