Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

Water damage.

Okay, me being an **bleep** dropped my blackberry down the toilet. Instantly got it out and removed everything, used a hair dryer. Screen turned on before dying- left in rice and in airing cupboard for around 2 hours. Turned on, no screen but everything else worked, got my friend to ring me and pressed accept button, can hear her and speak to her & my messages are apparently coming through... The screens like this, it appears as condensation? Any tips

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Water damage.

Get your battery and phone back in to a bag of rice ASAP (make sure you put them in separately, not battery in phone). Don't remove either one for at least 4-5 days. If, after that time, your screen is still shot then it's a goner for good. If it's going to come back to life, it should after those 4-5 days. Notice I said 4-5 days.....not 2, not 3.5......4-5. In addition, don't EVER use a dryer to remove moisture. It can blow water deep inside the phone and make the problem worse than it already is.

Please post back after the 4-5 days has expired. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.