Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Weather Channel Update

I received a message of an update for Weather Channel... Once I got to app world the requirements read as follows:::

It’s The Weather Channel® when and where you need it the most. Get detailed conditions and forecasts, radar maps, local and national severe weather alerts, airport delays and more. You can even access the weather from your calendar or address book, and forward alerts to friends and family.

Requires OS 6.0 or above

I am running version 5 on my blackberry curve 8530... Did I miss a version update? If not what do I do, just keep the older version of weather channel???? I love the app... It pushes alerts to my device and has been very accurate for us in the midwest... Please help...
Thanks...
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Weather Channel Update

You didn't miss an update of your phone.  Your phone, with its memory of 256 MB, would not support OS 6.  Sure, it can be installed, but you'll run into problems with lagging and freezing up.  You're only notified of updates for your phone if the update will properly run on your phone.  You will also only hear about an update to your OS 5 when your carrier has been trained by RIM to support it and officially releases it.

You're best to stick with your current version of the Weather Channel app.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Weather Channel Update

Right on... Thanks a lot for the info...