Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Web Browsing...

I would like to know if it's true that i will not be charged by my phone supplier (orange) if i connect to the Internet through my home wireless network, or any public wireless network. Also, if it's true that such charges from my phone supplier become obsolete if i connect to the Internet through my applications which i either download through BB apps world, or obtained by any third party apps websites.
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Web Browsing...

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan? If so, no problem.

If not, you won't be able to use AppWorld and some third party applications like the Facebook app, google maps,etc.

But, to answer your question, you should be able to use the Hotspot browser (Options > Advanced > Browser , set to Hotspot) for browsing the internet , etc.

For other applications, it depends. Some require a BIS connection or TCP/APN connection for which you will likely be charged.

Some applications may  or may not have a "WiFi only" setting.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I would assume so as i can connect to facebook, myspace yahoo etc through the icons. I've also changed my settings to Hotspot browser, so considering this (BIS) or TCP/APN connection, is there any way i can find out which application has such connection?
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AppWorld requires the BIS plan.

Don't assume so, call your carrier and confirm it is on your account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code