Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do you all feel about WebMessenger?  I personally would like a program that'll allow me to sign on to AIM, GTalk, and Live Messenger (if only Meebo was on BB), but WebMessenger feels clunky, like it's not as clean or smooth-lined as the other native programs.  The thing is, it's free, which is always a plus.  

What are your feelings on the program, and does anyone here have any other recommendations?   

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WebMessenger

Even though I only sign into Live Messenger. I use an app called Jivetalk www.beejive.com. It allows you to sign into Live, AIM, Yahoo, Gtalk, Jabber, MySpaceIM, IBM Lotus Sametime.

I use it only because live messenger for blackberry doesnt work right

It does cost money, $20 1 time fee and you can download a trial to check out to see if you like it or not first.

Its well worth it, especially if you use multiple IMs

My Device: Blackberry 8310

I have Jivetalk and I like it. It supports AOL AIM, Gtalk, ICQ, Jabber, Windows Live Messenger, My Space IM, Yahoo! messenger and IBM Lotus Sametime.
Rick Lukowicz
AT&T Blackberry Curve 8310
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Mobilicity

I love Jivetalk too.. Instead of running 5 different apps (googletalk, msn, aol, yahoo, icq) I just run Jivetalk.. Uses less battery, internal memory. Don't have to scroll through 5 different icons. All in 1 place.

The $30 for the lifetime license is great! (Spent the extra $10 to have ability to switch devices).