Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

Weird Trackpad problem - Need some experts to help!

Hi All,

So I have been going through the posts and tried a bunch of fixes and still no luck. My Bold 9700 constantly looses its ability to scroll from the trackpad. The only thing that works then it the push down function. Each time this has happened the phone is usually gets slow, freezes and finally the track pad stops working. I have taken out my battery, replaced the battery, replaced the trackpad. I have updated to all the latest SW versions, currently on the 6.0. I have pressed down on the metal plate where the sim rests, I've also done hard resets without taking the battery out as well... but nothing works. 

The only way to get trackpad functionality back is to let the battery drain completely and then charge it and it starts working again.

I dont know why this is the only way it works or if theres any easy way to have it perform the same function of  draining the battery memory without actually letting it sit for over 24 hours.

Can someone help give their thoughts on this?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 6.0 v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.526
My Carrier: Att--Battery Pulling is a Temporary Fix; CURRENT APPS: Blackberry Protect, Dropbox, Memory Up Pro, Poynt, Google Maps,BBmessenger, Memory Booster, Bebuzz, BB App World, Facebook, Screen Capture

Re: Weird Trackpad problem - Need some experts to help!

Hello,
Ok, try reinstalling your O.S., It has help other people and may work for you. Click the link below and scroll down in the thread to my post and follow my Directions. If you need. Assistance, let me know. I will be more than happy to help. Thanks!
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/BB-Bold-9700-Trackpad-stopped-working/td-p/10...
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star Kudos Button below the post which helped you..

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Claro

Re: Weird Trackpad problem - Need some experts to help!

I have the exact same problem as you do! so far no solution to it