Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

What are Preapproved Payments?

Greetings,

I got an alert on my PlayBook saying that version 1.02 of OrigamiBrowser is now available. I tried to download it, but I got an error message saying that my payment method was no longer valid. Since Origami is a free browser, I had no trouble in adding my PayPal information into BlackBerry World. Afterwards, however, the download failed.

Immediately after adding my PayPal information to BlackBerry World (BW), I got an email from PayPal saying "You've signed up for preapproved payments plan with Research In Motion". How can I find out what the preapproved payments are for? I've never made a purchase in BW before.

Thanks,

Shane.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: What are Preapproved Payments?

Hello,

Those simply are a pre-approved (by you) method of paying for FUTURE app purchases via BBWorld. When you set this up, you provide your PayPal credentials and authorize that, in future when you do actually purchase apps from BBWorld, you won't have to log into PayPal and authorize each individual purchase. No charges are made against your PayPal account until, in the future, you purchase some app via BBWorld.

Inside of PayPal, you can revoke this pre-approval...and likely will wind up in exactly the situation you just recovered from.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................