Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

What can cause: "Memory cleaning is being enabled"

Hi,

Earlier today, I was getting a message "Content protection is not enabled.  Apps are still using Content Protection Key."  This is a weird message, since a Content Protection Key is useless to apps on a device where Content Protection is not enabled -- and how did they get the key in the first place?  I never had it enabled before.

In any case, I enabled Content Protection to see if it would go away.  Later, I get a different message: "Memory cleaning is being enabled. This operation may take a few minutes to complete."  I've never touched the "Memory Cleaning" option and do not know its prior status.  I'm guessing it is turned on as a result of turning on Content Protection, as the "Memory Cleaning" enable/disable button is locked into the enable state. 

So, I think I've answered my questions as to how to resolve these odd errors and learned the results of those options.  I'm still not sure about the reason the apps had a content protection key nor why this warning would come up occasionally. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, 

Mike 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: What can cause: "Memory cleaning is being enabled"

Are you on BES? If so then your system admin might have enabled/disabled all these.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit