Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

What class/speed of micro sdhc does the tour support

I have searched these and other forums and can't seem to find an answer that is definitive for the title question. I have heard folks saying class 4 or 6 might help on video playback and maybe even music playback. However, I have seen others say that either a) the blackberry's don't take advantage of more than class 2 or b) there are no issues with video playback on class 2 cards they have been using. I have also seen posts that state that folks have seen visible speed differences when loading files to the blackberry of the cable (but the same people not seeing any difference when reading/writing files via the blackberry itself). 

Is there anywhere online that would actually answer what speed/class the 9630/Tour utilizes for various scenarios?

PS. If you have a good recommendation of a 16GB microSDHC card that is class 4 or 6 let me know that as well. From what I saw the brand names had either class 2/16GB or class4/6 < 16GB, but not both and 32GB microSD still seems like later this year.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: What class/speed of micro sdhc does the tour support

RIM never mentioned about any speed/class support of media card in BlackBerry. The only think that is mentioned is Maximum memory support dependent on the device OS version.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit