Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

What happen to mt Bold 9000, pls help

I have not been using my Bold 9000 for many months, when try to play ard, the bold is dead. Unable to power up, when try to charge using USB or wall-charger, screen completely blank, and no red light, but after ard 2 mins, red light appear on the right corner, still screen is blank. After ard 10 mins, red light is off, still nothing happen.

I have brought new battery, and full charge using desktop charger, when insert battery, still unable to boot up, when try using USB charging, after 2 mins, red light appear, error indicate "USB device not recognised", set is out of warranty, Anyway can help of this issue ?

Why only after 2 mins charging with USB or Wall charger, then red light appear ? Possible if the internal battery of bold dry out that why unable to boot up ?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What happen to mt Bold 9000, pls help

Hello gte0,

Sounds like it could possibly be a software related issue.

Try to do what is called a clean software reload - this will delete all the user data and reinstall the handheld software.

Back up your BlackBerry (if you can) to save any data and follow KB11320. You are going to need to download the device software from your mobile provider's download site (you can also get the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if you need it) from here.

If you use a Mac, follow the steps in KB19915. For Mac, you don't need the device software.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: What happen to my Bold 9000, pls help

I have the same problem, but when connected to my laptop/PC, wall charger or USB charger, no red light, nothing. I have installed a new battery and that got the unit going again for about a week. Over the weekend the battery went low and turned the 9000 off and it is no start again.

I would try a clean install of the software but that was done already about a month ago. I think it has something to do with a onboard capacitor or battery. Can anyone confirm my suspicions??? I can't believe with all the complaints that someone from RIM hasn't figured this one out yet....... (alas, even I know RIM thinks it will result in more new unit sales...... realistically????   probably not)

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: What happen to my Bold 9000, pls help

Hello techcommint and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

When you did the software load, did your user data remain or was it all wiped out? 

If it was all wiped out, did you do a full data restore or a partial data restore?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!