Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT & T

What is the Black Square box? SLOWING EVERYTHING DOWN!

I am VERY new to Blackberry, as I have always had Palm. The only applications I have downloaded on my phone is: Facebook, Twitter, and Crunch SMS. I have added a 8MB card. For EVERY SINGLE FUNCTION: answering the phone, texting, moving the trackball, signing onto Social Media, EVERYTHING, this little Black Square with a "clock" hand, pops up in the middle of the screen and stops for 10-45 seconds. Sometimes, I have to wait up to 5 minutes before I can use the phone. Can anyone tell me what this is and how do I get rid of it? Thank you so much in advance. I conduct all my business with my phone. It is QUITE annoying.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: What is the Black Square box? SLOWING EVERYTHING DOWN!

Hiya!

You cant get rid of it, it is simply the indicator that your device is processing... Kind of like the hourglass on your computer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT & T

Wow...Thank you for such a quick response. Seriously? Why so slow all of a sudden? Wasnt that way before. This is recent.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

One thing you can do whenever any odd situations arise with you phone.

Battery pull!

This resolves many problems including slow processing and one of the largest issues with Blackberry... memory leaks.

So ya, I would recommend pulling the battery on the device for 30 seconds or so, putting it back  in and letting it load up.

See if that helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter