10-05-2013 04:43 PM - edited 10-05-2013 04:46 PM
I have searched in google for OS 7.1 and got many versions in OS 7.1
OS 9900 v126.96.36.1998 / 188.8.131.526 (Multilanguage)
OS 9900 v184.108.40.2068 / 220.127.116.114 (jAllLang)
OS 9930 18.104.22.1687 / 22.214.171.1240 (Multilanguage)
and etc., Is there any country/Territory specific OS? May i know the latest version in 7.1? and also please share installation process for that.
10-05-2013 05:54 PM - edited 10-05-2013 05:56 PM
Latest operating system for blackberry 9900 world
Official OS for 9900: 126.96.36.1997 Bundle 188.8.131.5240 All Lang by Bell_Mobility
Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.20640 (All Languages)
|Software Name:||BlackBerry Handheld Software v220.127.116.1140 (All Languages)|
|Download Size:||282 MB|
10-06-2013 02:21 AM
10-06-2013 02:29 AM
You can use that OS.Just follow the steps below:
You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.
This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.
1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide
2. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.
3. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.
Official BB OS download portal:
Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.
4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)
- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Credits and Guide: sdgardne
10-06-2013 04:48 AM
I have followed your installation steps but i am getting below error message when i select update and click on install...
There was an error updating your software.
This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.
Could you please tell what should i do?
10-06-2013 08:22 PM
" You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.
This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible. "