Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

What is the limit for future calendar appointments?

Does anyone know the limit on how far ahead you can sync calendar appointments?

Our environment consist of exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, BES 4.0 and numerous models of handheld's which use enterprise activation, we do not have/allow users to sync directly with there workstations.

The issue is specific to a user who has an 8310 and wants to set appointments a couple of years into the future (I know it's a bit much!!) Obviously these appointments show in Outlook but do not sync to the handheld. (The wireless calendar sync is working as the user can easily see appointment's in the coming months).

Any ideas would be appreciated, as I know all about the limit on past entries but not sure about future ones????

Re: What is the limit for future calendar appointments?

The 8330 Blackberry that I am working with has calendar entries at least to 2015.
New Contributor

venoo, how do you sync? are you using cable/wireless? I'd be interested in knowing the differences in your/our setup.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a Curve 8330 Verizon, and I would love ot know how I can sync wirelessly.  I guess it is possible, since you asked the question of whether you sync with USB or wirelessly

Let me know.

Thanks

Writer~

Thanks,

Writer~
New Contributor

Writer, as i mentioned on my original post we are using an enterprise server in a corporate environment. all our blackberrys talk directly (via 3G/gprs mobile network) with our server in our datacentre. This what lets us provide the 'wireless sync' between outlook and our balckberry devices.

The reason I asked the queston to veeno, is that I have noted in some documentation that you can sync more info via usb cable than the wireless sync allows, that does not sound right to me, just hoping for some clarification.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

[ Edited ]

Hi sansari01,

To fix this issue, first set the device to keep appointments forever - calendar, menu key, options

Next you will want to temporarily turn the wireless sync off on the handheld - calendar, menu key, options

Next  do a 1-way sync with the BlackBerry desktop manager, from Outlook to device, making sure you set the Desktop Manager to transfer all scheduled items.  This will do a bulk load of all the calendar items from Outlook to the BB.

Once all the items are in the BlackBerry, re-enable wireless sync and you should be back in business.

Cheers!

**edit:  I just tested my BB, which is on a BES, and created an appointment for July 3, 2028 in my Outlook and it synchronized over to the device wirelessly with no issues.

Message Edited by Bolder on 07-03-2008 03:34 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bolder,

Thanks for your response, the first reasonable one i've had. I guessed that I would probably have to resort to using the usb cable and desktop manager. In our organisation we don't deploy the desktop manager and simply reply on enterprise activation and wireless sync, but I will give your suggestion a go with this user who is very high up in the management hierarchy ;-) the things we support techs have to do...<lol>

Once again thanks, I'll give this a go next week and let you know.

Message Edited by sansari01 on 07-03-2008 07:59 PM