Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

What is wrong wit BB apps

For the last few months we keep on getting app update notification, and if you click to open the mail it just hangs, and the only way to get rid of the notification is to delete it, then a few days later the same thing
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: What is wrong wit BB apps

Hi andrepot

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

What is your Device OS version , Also are getting Notification to Update any application or the BlackBerry World itself . If the  notification is for BlackBerry Wolrd then please note if you're running OS 6 and your device OS is proir to .706 then don't update to the most recent version of BlackBerry World.Remain on the same version as you are .

But if you're getting notification for any apps , then first you can try a battery pulll restart , by removing the battery while your device is Powered On, after reboot see if you are able to open or Update that particular application.

Let us know if you feel any issue. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

The problem is I get app update requests that I never had on my phone. I have the 9300 and my wife has the 9360 and we both have the same problem (cute viewer and GPS maps) notifications but does not even have the app on our phones
Elite II

Hello andrepot

It might be an notification from any app Vendor which application you have already installed on your device, Can you see any similarity between this app for which you are getting this notification and the apps that you already have on your device . Look for the vendor it might help to figure out .

Uninstalling that Particular third party app may resolve your issue, but you have to figure out with which installed application it is related.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

That is one of my problems as I don't have that app on our phones also was never installed before
Highlighted
Elite II

Hi andrepot

I think you don't get my point ! Can you provide how many and what apps that you have on your device ?  

You told that you get notification for Cute View and GPS maps , I search BlackBerry World and found those apps , Is it this   Cute BBM Viewer  application , If it is then the Vendor is AKDAS Info Tech .On your device you have to search any application from this Vendor , If you delete those application that are from this Vendor , I am sure the problem will be solved .

Let us know if you are still unable to figure out.