Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What's Coming for 4G

Does anyone know if BB is working on a 4G phone and if so when it may be available. I am in need of a new phone and have considered the Bold over the Storm, however if there is something faster in the works (4G) I would rather wait and go for the newer phone.

any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 T-Mob UK

Re: What's Coming for 4G

4G wont be out for a long while yet. I'm talking from a UK view, and we've had 3G for a while, however, there are still many 'teething' issues so to speak with 4G type technologies. I would personally recommend a Bold for the 3G capabilities that it possesses, but dont hold out for the 4G just yet!

Cheers

JD 

When all else fails, just ask your friend what happened. They won't know but at least your both failing in style!

Please consider Kudos when I help you resolve an issue!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Maybe in two years Verizon in Usa will be offering the 4g, if you want a 4g phone you need to wait at least two years.

If you want my recommendation on which one, Bold or Storm, i can't use a device without full keyboard, writing in touchscreen phone is very difficult, but again , this is my personal recommendation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the response! Kudos to both of you
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: TMO (USA) / Digicel (Barbados/Trinidad)

[ Edited ]

Is one coming yet? Is one coming yet? Is one coming yet? How much longer is the wait?

I'm dumping T-Mobile in a few months due to this AT&T buyout.  Therefore, I'm going to sell the BB I purchased last month and will look at getting a new phone very soon. This might be too late but is there any 4G phone coming say, before the fall?  (Preferably for Verizon or Sprint).

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If there is a 4G BlackBerry phone on the horizon, we won't know about it officially until almost the day before it's released.  BlackBerry has been touting its new PlayBook tablet for months but when it comes to phones, they don't say much until the actual release of the phone.  Smiley Sad

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

The US have a number of 4G phones on the way/already out I believe from Samsung and HTC but I don't know exact info as I'm from the UK and we haven't got 4G yet
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check the below new from The Economist -

UK's 4G network deployment : Delayed till 2013

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: rim 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Blackberry devices are all but dead and out of business.  I represent 1,000 users and none of them will upgrade to a new Blackberry as long as they can find a used device.  They do not want to be tied to a 2 year contract with a blackberry device that is 3 years behind all the other smart phones.

The only thing that keeps Black berry maybe in business for a bit longer  is if they allow the other smart phones on the BES.  They mentioned it in May of 2011 but now it is about to be February 2012 and nothing yet.  Many companies have abandoned Black Berry and RIM.  The ones that have not left RIM-Blackberry yet will before the year ends.

Just think Blank Berry was king 3 years ago and how fast they have went to last place.

I too have given up on a 4G device.  I want a phone Like the Droids or I Phones.

Oh Me thank goodness this is the last year of this **bleep**!