Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: What's Running in My Phone?

LSphone wrote:

So, if anyone has a wish for a feature to be added, now would be the time to mention it.

for users :

that are under BES

with an IT policy that allows them to install applications

that use an old device with few Application memory like Curve 8300 or Storm 1

an application that will browse the BES email folders, and for each folder, will display the sum of the sizes of all messages in that folder including images & attachments.

so that they can delete those messages. Back when I had a Curve 8310, I had to do crawl though all my messages to delete messages, because my overall device memory was under 5'000'000. I spend a lot of company time doing that. And one day my device failed and was replaced by a 8900. I don't have to do that anymore... until in a few months (my app memory is now above 40'000'000 but was above 60'000'000 four months ago).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi,

Can you tell me the difference between What's Running in My Phone? and What's Hapenning in My Phone?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

[ Edited ]

What's Happening is Menu Scanner, Meters, What's Running, and Mercury

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

[ Edited ]

"What's Happening in My Phone?" was intended to supersede the 4 apps it was integrated from ("What's Running?", Meters, Menu Scanner, and Mercury). I had written many small utilities over a couple of years as needs, ideas, and user requests came along, and chose my preferred four to integrate into a single app more polished than a simple bundle like Memory Monster.

But the market ultimately makes the decision, not the developer -- of course I could just un-publish everything else, but the fact is that Memory Monster is being downloaded more than anything I've ever published, and What's Running is my 2nd most purchased app most days.

what can I say, the people have voted!

P.S.  If you compare the screenshots you can see some differences, the layout of the blue banner at the top of the What's Running list, the pie-meters in the Memory Window, and the invisible apps in brackets next to the visible apps in the menu.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks! I just ordered "What's Happening in My Phone?".

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Storm 9530, Curve 8330
My Carrier: AT&T, Verizon

You got a kudo for that :5. Thanks