Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

What to do about "unread" emails on phone that I have already read on my office computer??

Hello All,

I am having a problem with my email alerts.  New emails come to the phone fine and timely. However, once I read OR delete the email on my office computer, the emails remain as "unread" on my phone.  Any suggestions?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: What to do about "unread" emails on phone that I have already read on my office computer??

This is dependent on the type of email service you're using.  Can you provide some more detail about your office email system?  Are you on a BES?  Are you using Outloook Web Access?  Gmail?  Yahoo!?  Just need some more info here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Re: What to do about "unread" emails on phone that I have already read on my office computer??

Sorry John.  My work uses Microsoft Outlook.  Thanks for helping!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If it's just Outlook Web Access then you're not going to get the read/deletes to sync from the server to the handheld.  if your company runs a BES, and your device is connected to it,  then you would get that ability. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

What is BES?  I am assuming that if I do not know, we do not have it.  I just switched from a Blackjack II and did not have this problem.  What gives?

Guru II

Unfortunately, you've still given me very little info to go on in order to answer your question.  There are only a few email platforms that get full two way sync on a BlackBerry.  Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail and BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) will give full two way sync.  If it's any other type of setup, including Outlook Web Access then you won't get sync of reads/deletes from the mailbox to the handheld

Thanks John.  I guess the AT&T rep misled me. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: China Unicom

time to ring AT&T and find out what they can do to sort your problem

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Hey John,

I have a problem the other way around. Once I read e-mails on my BlackBerry Torch 9800 (with the most recent OS version) the e-mails will remain unread on my e-mail account (Hotmail). This never happened with my trusty Pearl, once the e-mail was opened on the phone it also showed as read on the e-mail account.

Can you help?