Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Whats going on with my BBM

Hey Guys im from Australia, i just bought my Blackberry 9300 Curve 3g. I have been keen to talk to someone in america with the Application BlackBerry Messanger, i added her PIN and it says pending and she hasnt got a notification about this, she added me and i didnt get a notification about  her adding me. so what is going wrong??? Im with vodafone and im on the 29 Dollar Cap, i am not on a plan. Ive read about how i have to have a contract with Blackberry for Data or something... Can anyone pllease help me in this situation. Thanks

-Tyrone

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Whats going on with my BBM

Tyskies wrote:

i am not on a plan. Ive read about how i have to have a contract with Blackberry for Data or something...

This is correct, there are thousands of posts in the Forum explaining that you must have a BlackBerry Data Plan or your service provider's equivilant providing BlackBerry data.

So, call your service provider and subscribe.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ok thanks so thats clear now, now its getting a data plan, how will i go about this, my service provider is Vodafone, how would i go with getting a blackberry data plan or something equivilant?

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Tyskies wrote:

how will i go about this, my service provider is Vodafone, how would i go with getting a blackberry data plan or something equivilant?

By calling them. Scroll up and read again what I instructed Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code