Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Whats your brickbreaker high score?

No tricks just keep playing and you will get better with time. Don't pressure yourself just relax and enjoy the game! I was probably playing for almost a year on and off before I got through the levels twice. Now, I can usually get through them both on the first attempt but I'm no brick breaker guru it just comes from enjoying the game over a period of time. Woody
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: o2

Currently on 601270 with 296 lives left

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: SaskTel

my BB is a Bold 9780 on 6.0.

I have played Brick Breaker many times into the 400k+ and 600k+ always mistakingly resetting the device by hitting the return key and ending the game or by performing a hard reboot battery pull.

At present my high score is 3,365,270 with 1079 lives at 197 times through all 34 levels.  I have been averaging 100 lives per 300,000 points up to 3,000,000.  But slipped a bit there after.  I have been playing this game for about 4 months.  I need to do another hard reboot or software update as my phone is not functioning properly, but had wanted to see if I could hit 5 million. 

To be honest, there is no end to the game once you can get a decent buffer of lives after getting through the levels twice.  However, I have had the game end at about 80k by running out of lives as well. There are a few fairly tricky levels depending on what bonus' fall. 

For tips, I avoid flip and wrap if at all possible.  The other tip is play to the ball at all times and sacrifice the bonus if necessary.  I estimate I have lost 200 lives by playing to the bonus and not the ball. 

The major downside of the game is it takes TONS of time to get this high a score.  This may be my last time playing to this level for 2 reasons, 1 the time it takes and 2 my wife hates it when I play it so much.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

So true Gman65 - it can be time consuming as, despite it's relative simplicity to other games, it is very addictiveSmiley Happy

I currently have just over 500,000 points and 300 lives but I've been where your at as well but the problem is the games eats up my device memory and then my BB starts slowing down so I reset the device periodically and start back over again.  I used to dread doing this but now I can do it and go through the 34 levels twice with no problem.  It's stilll my game of choice although I do like playing "Unblock Me" as well on my iPhone

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: SaskTel

Still have my bold. Lost a game at over 5M. Been on another game for 6 months. At 5.935M 2385 lives 343 times through and counting.