Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold-9780
My Carrier: Hi (NL)
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp

Hello, I updated whatsapp a 2 weeks ago, but after the update I am only able to open the application and see the latest messages sent in every chat but when I try to open the chat, nothing happens. It wont allow me to open the chat, I can however e-mail the chat history but that's not really working... Does anyone have a solution for this? Erik
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Whatsapp

can you uninstall it, then reinstall it?
this should trigger a new WhatsApp linkage to your device (through the SMS sending).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for replying, but I did that several times, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting but it didn't work. I did get a message after each reinstall saying "WhatsApp internal use. You can safely delete this message." following a ref. code. Also I finally tried doing a factory reset, which worked. getting rid of everything on my phone and after restoring a backup. After restoring the backup I redownloaded apps and WhatsApp started working again as if nothing happened. Erik
Guru I

I don't know what else to do.
can you contact the WhatsApp support?

http://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Sorry might not have been very clear.

I did a factory reset and restored my latest backup and after that whatsapp worked fine again. So it's solved, but thanks for the quick reply!

Erik

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: student

i want whatsapps

Guru I

then just install it, antonyokongo90.

New Contributor
My Device: 3G Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hello, I updated whatsapp about 3 weeks ago, but after the update my whatsapp wouldn't open anymore,the only message I see is (error loading modules)and this is very stressful please help.I even tried the uninstall and re-installing and even did the security wipe option but nothing helps.Does anyone have a solution for this?
Guru I

Hello Phago,

You may want to contact the Whatsapp support team directly.

New Contributor
My Device: 3G Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks Xandrex,I'll try them.