Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

When Emailing Pictures File size is reduced

Hi there, I have a Torch 9810, provider is Rogers. 

For some reason now when I try to email a picture I receive a popup that says "the attachment file may be reduced in size". Then it takes my nice high resolution photo and reduces the file size to under 100kb. The picture file size is much higher but the phone just reduces the file size.

I believe at some point when I emailed a picture a pop up came up and asked if I wanted to reduce the file size of the picture. I said yes but I think there was a check box that makes this choice apply to all pictures I try to email. 

I can't find anywhere in any of the options where I can reset that decision and have the phone send full size pictures when I email them. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: When Emailing Pictures File size is reduced

I think this is not your service provider problem its your device just try to re-boot your device and see if its fixed if the problem is still there you might try to reset your device to factory settings if its not too much of a problem
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi there, I did several reboots before I posted. No chang...

Hi there, I did several reboots before I posted. No change.

There is an preference set somewhere that causes the phone to downsize the pictures before they are emailed. My the heck RIM makes it impossible to change is just plain stupid.