Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry BOLD 9930
My Carrier: Verison

When reading email on phone, need for it to show up as UNREAD in my email account

I have had emails on my phone for years with no problems - we recently switched servers and I had to remove them from the device and reload them all - and now, every time I read an email on my phone - it shows it as "read" in the inbox and this is NOT what we want - we want to read and use email on the phone without it doing anything to what is in our inbox -Im sure this is a simple setting change - but I dont know what it is?  Help!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: When reading email on phone, need for it to show up as UNREAD in my email account

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, it may not be so simple...but first, if your email is BES, then you need to talk to your BES admins as they control everything (and I seriously doubt they will be able to defeat this).

If your email is not BES, then refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

There actually is no setting to change...the only setting to change might have to do with Deleted Items. But read/unread will synchronize if the server you are working with (as per that KB) is capable of it with your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................