Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Reply
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-28-2013
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Proximus

When syncing music, some songs fail

Hi all

I have a Blackberry Curve 9320 and when syncing songs with the Desktop Software, some songs seem to fail to synchronize. I've searched the internet and it would be due to DRM protected songs, but this isn't the case. I checked the songs and none of the ones that are failed are protected.

 

When re-encoding them using "Switch", it solves the problem, but this seems to happen with every new song I add to my iTunes library. The codec also remains the same before and after the re-encoding, so I don't believe this is the problem, although it helps.

 

Thanks!

Retired
Posts: 4,285
Registered: ‎07-26-2010
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: When syncing music, some songs fail

Hey Caipi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

 

Thanks for the question.

 

What version of iTunes and BlackBerry Desktop Software are you using?  Also are you using a Mac or a PC?

 

If you synchronize these songs in a different playlist, do they fail still?

 

I look forward to your reply. 

 

Cheers.

 

 


-ViciousFerret


 


Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp


Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!



Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-28-2013
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Proximus

Re: When syncing music, some songs fail

Blackberry is 2.4 and iTunes 11.1. Putting them in a different playlist doesn't work.

 

I have noticed that when restarting the pc or just iTunes or reopening the files via the folder they're in, it seems to solve the problem and I don't have to re-encode them. I assume there is something wrong with the path to where they are linked.

 

I also had this with Serato and this isn't solved yet...