Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

When typing text messages, text appears MUCH slower than I am typing and sometimes can't catch up.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  It just started and I am by no means a fast typist.

Warren

New Developer
My Device: 9550

Re: When typing text messages, text appears MUCH slower than I am typing and sometimes can't catch u

I have had that happen to me a few times did notice I had some applications that were running in the background and might have been updating information. Like weatherbug that sort of thing it does not happen often does it do it all the time? Also in the options under screen keyboard you can change the type speed and hover speed. Change your key rate to fast tap interval to 100 and hover period to 100 try that see if it helps.
James s Jezierski
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: When typing text messages, text appears MUCH slower than I am typing and sometimes can't catch u

Also, the Storm tends to get sluggish after running for a while and the battery-pop hard reboot tends to speed things up for a while. There is another thread on this forum advocating doing this reboot every four days.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Developer
My Device: 9550

You can do a memory clean that will open up some speed there is a thread for logmaid works great check it out. search it in the forums.
James s Jezierski