Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Where do I find "Tasks" in my Pearl?

I just bought a BB Pearl and am transitioning form a MicroSoft driven Treo. I on MS Exchjange at work, and use Outlook 2007. I'm used to seeing my Tasks on my home screen with the Treo, but don't see them anywhere on the Pearl. Also, my Task reminders (pop-up's with sound) come up on my Outlook at work, but they don;t on my Pearl. Yes, they've been sync'd, so I would expect they would be there.

Is there any place on the Pearl where I can see my Tasks for the day (or week, or whatever time frame I set them to be)? How do I access my Tasks on the Pearl? Can I set them to show on the home screen?

Along with having trouble getting my work email on my Pearl, I'm about to give this thing back!

Thanks for your help!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Where do I find "Tasks" in my Pearl?

[ Edited ]

I don't believe there are any themes that show Tasks on the Home Screen. There is a Today-style theme that typically shows call logs, messages and calendar items on the home screen, but Tasks don't show.

In order to just get to the Tasks there should be an icon on the Home Screen (icon grid view) that is called Tasks. That is the way to get to the actual tasks on the BlackBerry.

Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 04-09-2008 12:30 PM
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

As said above, it is on the main screen on most Blackberry's.

On some Blackberry's like mine, you need to go to Applications>Tasks. 

CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

New Contributor

Thank you both for replying! On my Pearl 8130 ther is no icon on hte home screen (in any view) that shows Tasks. Also, when I go to Applications, there is no item called Tasks. When I set up the Desktop Manager, I clicked on Tasks to sync, and set up the software to sync with Outlook.

Help!

Todd

Forums Advisor I

Hmmm...either the Tasks module is not installed, or the icon is hidden. In the icon grid view, press the BlackBerry Menu key and select Show All. See if there are any greyed out icons listed.
New Contributor

forgive me, Jeremey, buit how to I get the icon grid view? I don't see that as a theme option.
Forums Advisor I

It isn't a theme option, more of a view of the icons. It is basically the Home Screen view, where the icons are show in a grid (rows and columns). You should be there once you go to Applications.
New Contributor

yes... I go to Applications and see the rows and collums of the apps. However, besides not showing any icon called Tasks, the only icons that are "greyed out" are the Compose and Saved Messages. I ca still click the trackball and get into them, though. It seems that possibly I'm missing the Tasks icon... is that possible?
Forums Advisor I

That's what is seems like. Check the list of applications installed by going to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. See if there is something listed there that shows Tasks. If not, then it will need to be loaded using the Desktop Manager's Application Loader module.
New Contributor

Thanks Jeremey. It's not listed under Options > Advanced Options > Applications. I started up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and clicked on the Application Loader. I found that it had not been loaded! I would have thought that Tasks would automatically be part fo the software on the device when I bought it! Are there any other apps in Application Loader you suggest I should have on the device?

Thank you so much for your help!

Todd