Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Where is "BB Protect" storing my back up files?

downloaded Blackberry Protect yesterday and I can't seem to find anywhere on the website to locate my back up files??

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Where is "BB Protect" storing my back up files?

The backup files are stored in the 'cloud'. Your only option is to restore them to a device, which you do by installing Protect, loggin in, and choosing "restore"

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks natemckn, Does that mean it will always be available in the 'cloud' should something happen to my phone? I mean, if I should replace my phone, all I have to do is 'restore' on my new device after downloading BB Protect on that new device?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yup, thats exactly how it works. Your backup will be stored in the cloud for the foreseeable future and if/when you get a new device you just install Protect and restore

My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: MTN

Where can I get a copy my my backup file for my safekeeping?  Would like to have my own softcopy after I back it up on Blackberry Protect.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

seanpillay wrote:

Where can I get a copy my my backup file for my safekeeping?  Would like to have my own softcopy after I back it up on Blackberry Protect.

Do this with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.  You should do back-ups weekly, at the very least.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."

Is there any other software out there were you can my a backup via the web of all your information on your Blackberry and then copy that backup file somewhere?

Thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Depends on what information you want.  I know with LookOut Mobile Security you can backup pictures and contacts and view that information on their website (www.mylookout.com).  

If you use Google Sync, you can back up contacts and calendar items in that fashion.

Those are just a couple of examples.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."

I would like to create the same type of backup file that Blackberry desktop software creates.  Anyone know where I can get simular software that can do this via the web?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Du

Help!

I desperately need to restore my call log but without restoring into phone, I need to access it via PC, can anyone help me with that asap?

Thank you!