Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Where is the LED flashing red light when Blackberry 8900 is on

I put my Blackberry 8900 on silent but the flashing red LED light seems not to work on silent and it doesn't flashes a red LED light, when I receive an SMS Text,
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Where is the LED flashing red light when Blackberry 8900 is on

Does it work for everything else besides when you receive an SMS message? If so then you may just have to customize the Silent profile. If you go into Profiles, scroll down to Advanced. Select the Silent profile, hit the menu button, choose Edit. Next go into the SMS Text category. Make sure the "Repeat Notification" setting is set to LED Flashing
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

It's not working for any new msgs I'm receiving,
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

What is the LED Flashing set to? If you change to the Normal or any other profile does it work?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.

I thought I had an issue with my red LED light too but I fixed it.  I can't take credit for it though because I found this on another forum.  Here's how to fix it:

Your LED light might not be working because your Bedside Mode in the clock app might be on?  You have to turn it off.

Open the clock, press the menu, select Exit Bedside Mode.  If that doesn't fix it, there may be another issue with your phone.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9780
My Carrier: T-MO

see if this works, like the other person said, put ur phone on silent/PROFILES/ scroll to n select ADVANCE/ scroll to VIBRATE (highight it)/ press MENU/ EDIT/ scroll to n SMS TEXT/ make sure both in "out of holster" n "in holster" that "repeat notification" LED FLASHING is selected. 

I ran a dummy test using another phone to text me w these steps n settings and it works.