Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: I do not own a Blackberry yet
My Carrier: Reliance

Where is the antenna located in the Style 9670?

Hello

I do not own a BB yet but thinking of buying a Style 9670 soon. It is still available in India and the phones here are not tied up to the service provider. My phone usage is minimal since it causes ear pain whenever I talk on a GSM/CDMA phone. So I use it on speaker phone or use the hands free headset but that is not always practical. I am looking for a phone that has the internal antenna farthest from the ear. Phones with lower SAR won't help. Using the cordless phone and wi-fi at home is ok but mobile phone radiation always casues pain and tinnitus when the phone is held directly to the ear, even for few seconds.

I believe that most Blackberry handsets have their cellular antenna at the bottom (near the mic) and the GPS/Bluetooth/Wi-fi antenna at the top? If this is true then it's good for me. Also, where exactly would be the cellular antenna in a flip phone? Is it there in the lower half (keyboard area) or the upper half (display area)? 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Where is the antenna located in the Style 9670?

The 9670 is a CDMA network only device, are you sure it will work on any carrier in India?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: I do not own a Blackberry yet
My Carrier: Reliance

We have 10 GSM carriers in 900 and 1800 MHz band and 2 CDMA carriers in 800 MHz band.

The CDMA handsets are unregistered out of the box and we have to approach the desired CDMA carrier to hook it up to their network.

If someone gets a Sprint / Verizon registered phone then it can be unlocked, their ESN / MEID marked as bad and re-registered with the Indian service provider. However in such cases the EVDO activation may not always work.

Below is an example of an unlocked phone offered on eBay India. Many phones that are discontinued elsewhere find their way here at half the price.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BRAND-NEW-BLACKBERRY-STYLE-9670-OFFICIALY-REGISTERED-RELIANCE-CDMA-PHONE-/251...

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good, just wanted to make sure you were of aware of the limitations.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code