Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Where is the list incoming text messages?

Help!  How do I view my incoming text messages?  Only the outgoing text messages appear when I use the alt - s feature.  What do I need to change to view the received text messages?  I normally view the incoming messages and then delete them after reading. Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Where is the list incoming text messages?

To view all the incoming text messages go to Messages folder -> click Menu button and select View Folder -> select SMS Inbox.

Alternatively you can create such shortcut. To do so check the following - 

1. Go to Messages
  2. Click Menu button and select Search
  3. Click Menu and select Recall. This will let you view which characters are already being used as shortcut with Alt button
  4. Click Menu and select Edit Search
  5. Now give Title to your search, choose a character that will be used with Alt button
  6. And bring necessery changes as you want your shortcut to present reslult

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for the help.  Unfortunately, when I view the SMS inbox folder, it it empty.  Maybe there is some setting that I need to change for the device to save the received text messages in this folder???  Thanks again for any suggestions.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830

Onyour desktop, use "Messages" to see all incoming and outgoing text messages, voice mails, phone calls and emailsSmiley Happy
Phil