Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Where, please, may I leave a bug report for the developers re: Address Book sync errors in 10.6.3.

The latest build of DesktopManager for Mac version 1.0.3 (build 16) repeatedly experiences errors syncing with Address Book for Mac in OSX 10.6.3.  After deleting all entries in the Address Book, the initial sync is successful.  However, subsequent efforts to sync (not every time, but perhaps 2 out of 10) result in errors caused by DesktopManager thinking certain fields in the address book are blank (when they are not blank in reality -- they have fields already present that are not recognized), and duplicate entires are inserted.  For example, the work address (although already there) will be input a second time into the Mac Addresss Book, then when syncing again, this causes a duplite entry into the BlackBerry address book PIM (so then we have two work addresses in both the BlackBerry and the Mac Address Book).  I presently have 88 contacts.  This error also occurs in other fields, like aniversary and birthdate.  It is only with a few select contacts that this occurs.  However, completely deleting the apparent problem conact record and re-entering the data into a completely new contact record did not fix the syncing problems.  It has reached a point that I am considering reverting the operating system back to 10.5.6, or digging out a prior release of DesktopManager and seeing if that helps any.

Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Where, please, may I leave a bug report for the developers re: Address Book sync errors in 10.6.3.

bbsuggestions@rim.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code